Compare Compensation Claims Ltd
Compare Injury Lawyers | Personal Injury Claim

Instant claim or answers

Seek Only The Best
We Care, You Compare
Quick Search
Register as Claim Specialist

Criminal Injury

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority is a government organisation that helps UK citizens get financial compensation for an injury received as the victim of a crime, criminal injury compensation. The damage can be either physical or mental emotional stress is common among victims of violent crime and receives equal weight when it comes to compensation. The Incident has to be within a 2 year time period. You must make a criminal injury claim with a 2 year time limit. Currently, the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) awards compensation from 1,000 up to 500,000.

Who is Eligible for CICA Compensation?

  • You must have been injured enough to be awarded the minimum payout of 1,000.
  • You must have been injured in an act of violence in England, Scotland, or Wales. Don't worry about the courts -- you can be eligible for compensation from the CICA even if the violent offender hasn't been convicted or even charged with a crime.
  • You must make your application to the CICA within two calendar years of the violent incident that caused injury.


Who is Not Eligible for CICA Compensation?

  • People whose injury took place before 1 August 1964.
  • People who have already applied for compensation for the same criminal injury under any earlier Government program in the UK.
  • People who were living with the person who injured them -- this only applies if the crime took place before 1 October 1979.

Be aware that the CICA may refuse criminal injury compensation for any number of reasons. The most common, as listed on the CICA website, are:

  1. an injured person's behavior after the criminal injury incident

  2. an injured person's criminal record

  3. failure on the part of the injured person to co-operate with the police

  4. a lengthy delay in informing the police of the criminal injury incident


You can apply for criminal injury compensation online, through the mail, or through a victim's charity such as Victim Support. The online application for criminal injury compensation is easy and requires that you have a few items at your disposal before applying.

You'll need contact details for any doctor who provided treatment related to your injury, the police reference number for your case, any court dates you require, and the name of the offender, if you know it.




Make a claim for criminal injury. Compare criminal injury solicitors for your criminal injury claim.


Compare Compensation Claims Limited is regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities. No. CRM23837. This registration is recorded on the Claims Regulation website.
A company registered in England, Company registration number 7218187. Registered office: 32 Lloyd Close, Nelson, Lancs BB9 9EH.

© 2018 Compare Compensation Claims Ltd. All rights reserved.

Page updated 30th Nov 2013, 22:44

Designed and maintained by Brick technology Ltd.
BRICK | Instant Websites