Compare Compensation Claims Ltd
Compare Injury Lawyers | Personal Injury Claim

Instant claim or answers

Seek Only The Best
We Care, You Compare
Quick Search
Register as Claim Specialist

Who or what covers your Accident Claim – Insurance

compare-solicitors-lawyersCar accident claim

Third party

Third party car insurance covers you if your car is stolen or damaged in a fire. Also provides cover for you and your passengers against claims for any damage you cause to another person or their property in an accident.

If an incident occurs and you are at fault and have to admit blame then your insurance cover will pay out any sums of money that are granted to the people who are the third party that may have died, been hurt, their property has been written off, or has been damaged. Also included in this would be the injured parties and your own legal fees.

However, there can be confusion and the matter does become more complicated if you happen to be a passenger in your own car being driven by somebody else. If the person driving your car has your permission to do so, then they are protected by your policy instead of you. Those who are insured to drive on your policy will be listed, for example, passengers, employees, named drivers. If you were to be injured because the person you have allowed to drive your car has driven badly and caused an accident then you are well within the law to be able to make a claim from this driver.

Your third party insurance would, in this case, reimburse the driver of your vehicle and not you, but in turn, you would be able to make a claim and more than likely be successful, in winning damages on your third party cover against the driver of your car. Remember though that this does work both ways if in the case above the driver was injured, or worse, killed then your insurance company would not be liable.

Unfortunately, it is insignificant who was actually driving because, under this clause of the cover, you cannot claim for any damage caused to the car.

If as does often happen, a thief steals your vehicle and goes on to crash your car causing damage to it and possibly others then under this part of the policy you will be protected as the owner of the vehicle against any claims of injury or damage caused by the thief. On the down-side, the owner of the vehicle, even though it is very unfair, will lose their no claims bonus due to a scenario which is completely out of their control and can never be expected before it happens.


Fully Comprehensive

If you wish to insure your car for most eventualities, then it’s recommended that you take out comprehensive motor insurance. This will protect you in the event of damaging a vehicle belonging to another party, damage to property, or injury to a person and, crucially, with comprehensive insurance, you will be covered for damage to your own vehicle, even if the incident is considered to be your fault. This is one of the key differences between comprehensive and the other levels of cover.


Accident claims against Uninsured Drivers

Compensation claims against uninsured drivers, 'hit & run' or even untraced drivers in the UK, the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB) typically compensates those that are involved in car accidents with uninsured drivers. Compare our comprehensive database of accident claim solicitors and abtain the compensation you deserve from unfortunate non-fault accidents.


Employers and Professional Business Accident Claims

Employers’ liability insurance

The (HSE) Health and Safety Executive provides a guide to the Employers' Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act 1969.

What does Employers' liability insurance cover?

Employers Liability Insurance will meet the cost of compensation for injuries sustained employees (or illnesses), whether caused on or off site. It should be noted that this type of insurance only covers employees. Potential claims made against employers by other third parties (members of the public) can be covered by Public Liability Insurance.

If any employees are injured in a motoring accident, any claims may be covered separately by your motor insurance policy.


Public liability insurance

Public liability insurance is essential if members of the public come to your premises, or could be hurt in any way by something your business does. A public liability insurance policy will cover you for any damages claimed, plus legal representation. You'll find more details in our overview of public liability insurance.


Product liability insurance

If any company or individual who makes, repairs or sells products, could be held liable for any injury or damage caused by defects. Any accident claim for defective products should be covered by the product liability insurance policy. These insurance policies are taken out to get legal cover for any defective products and any accident claims arising from them. The purpose for a product liability insurance is to provide compensation for any accident claims.


Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance

Professional indemnity or PI insurance gives professional businesses protection against claims made by their clients, for any damage caused by professional negligence. It is advised that all professional businesses should have professional indemnity insurance if they offer any kind of service to businesses or the


Criminal damage and accident injury claims

CICA Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority is the government body responsible for administering the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme in England, Scotland and Wales. They are part of the Ministry of Justice and also provide a service on behalf of the Scottish Government.

If you have been injured as a result of a criminal act you may be able to claim compensation through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (Criminal Injuries Compensation Agency in Northern Ireland). You may have been the direct victim of, for example, an assault or your injury may have been sustained when you were attempting to help the police after a crime had been committed. A close relative of a person who died because of injuries can also make a claim.


Compare accident claim solicitors for your claim.


Compare Compensation Claims Limited is regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities. No. CRM23837. This registration is recorded on the Claims Regulation website.
A company registered in England, Company registration number 7218187. Registered office: 32 Lloyd Close, Nelson, Lancs BB9 9EH.

© 2018 Compare Compensation Claims Ltd. All rights reserved.

Page updated 10th Dec 2013, 14:36

Designed and maintained by Brick technology Ltd.
BRICK | Instant Websites